Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First Blog!

Hi, my name's Alexander Oyen, and every single time that I type my name into any kind of word processing system, it comes up as misspelled. I'm not sure what the pertinence of that last statement was- it was just something that might be somewhat interesting about myself.

I'm an aspiring songwriter (primarily for musical theatre), right now I'm based out of Orlando, Florida- but hopefully that'll be changing soon. I love writing words and music- it's the way that I express myself. I hope to be posting some of my songs up here (I'd appreciate any help that anybody can maybe give me- advice on how to post mp3 files?).

I've written and am in the process of writing about 7 musicals (give or take...?), but I also like writing individual songs. Here's a link to a music video that was made for one of my songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzTu57KWbys

I wrote that on guitar but I primarily work on piano when I'm writing for musical theatre.

One of my musicals, "Dachau," had a one-act workshop at the University of Central Florida.

All right- so this is just a first time thing. If you want to hear any of my stuff- email me. alexander.oyen@gmail.com.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment